[AccessD] emailing a newsletter

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 10 17:43:52 CDT 2004

On 10 Sep 2004 at 10:30, augusta wrote:

> I have a client who has about 700 email addresses within an Access database
> to whom she would like to send a newsletter.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good way of going about this, other than
> query/copy/paste in to outlook?

I generally use Blat (either the exe or dll version) for this sort of
thing.  http://www.geocities.com/toby_korn/blat/

> Also, for some reason when she does it this
> way, she can only use about 50 address.

Many ISPs set up there SMTP servers to only accept 50 or so to addresses in
a single message as an anti-spam measure.

Using Blat, you can easily send out one message to each address rather than
bundling them so the limit doesn;t matter.

--
Stuart