[AccessD] MS Access to VB6 or VB.net

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 13 07:02:30 CDT 2004

I'm not a .NET expert by any means and don't plan on becoming one, but I
would like to mention that the learning curve is pretty steep. Charlotte and
a few others here are tackling it and I'm sure they can give you some
excellent advice.

Begs the question -- is rewriting or actually creating a new app the best
way to learn a new technology? I know that I, personally, probably would not
try it -- I don't think I could learn it and do a good job at the same time.
But then, I don't "develop" in the same way you guys do - development is not
my livlihood. On the other hand, I have the luxury of being able to write
about what I learn, as I'm learning, so that takes the edge off of the whole
experience for me. I know many of you can't stop working to learn -- you
have to try to do both at the same time -- which is what I'm doing myself.

Susan H.