[AccessD] OT: Modify the default event handlers to mimicthebehavior of VB 6 control arrays (VB .NET)

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Tue Sep 14 10:44:59 CDT 2004

>So this in the "reverse" of calling a sub from several events?
>You specify a sub and specify - withing this - which events should call
the sub?

Exactly, that's what the Handles keyword is all about.  Delegation is
one of the new VB.NET features that opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Notice the argument list for the button click handler:
ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs

These standard arguments are used for all handlers.  Therefore, you
could create a single handler to handle your button click and a checkbox
click (and a textbox change for that matter!).

The Handles keyword serves as a nice tidy wrapper around the
System.Delegate assembly.  There are some cool things that can be done
through code, like dynamically assigning a method from one class (or
control) to be automatically handled by another classes method.