[AccessD] A2K: Time diff calcs

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 15 07:12:32 CDT 2004

On 15 Sep 2004 at 21:06, Darren DICK wrote:

> Hi Arthur
> Many thanks for the tip and I agree. Store the seconds format when needed.
> In the relevant table should the data type be Integer?

if you need more than 32767 seconds (a bit over 9 hours) you will need to
use a long.
If you  don't need that much, it is debatable.  Integers take half the
storage of longs, but take a bit longer to process if you are manipulating
them. Depends on whether you want to save on storage or optimise processing
time.

However don't save them as singles or doubles.

--
Stuart