[AccessD] Connecting to SQL from Access w/a single login?

StaRKeY starkey at wanadoo.nl
Sat Sep 18 04:05:04 CDT 2004

Hi Christopher,

Have you also given an Applicationrole some thought? This has the advantage
over an AppUser that you are still able recognise the true connected user in
case you'd need this plus it's pretty practical since no users have to be
given any rights but being able to connect to the specific SQL database. By
giving the applicationrole all the nescessary rights you achive the same
goal as by using a single user account but more flexible.

I'm using it at this moment in an adp using ADO for all the data
manipulation/views and it's working like a charme.. Nice touch is that the
'access datasheet look & feel' can be kept while all forms/sheets are
unbound!

Regards,
Eric Starkenburg