[AccessD] Acc used to resolve SQL Svr Excel prb

william.thompson1 at att.net william.thompson1 at att.net
Sun Sep 26 12:31:41 CDT 2004

<< clearing these by setting the value to Null >>
it would be interesting to see what shortcuts would evolve if a refresh was done this way in Excel.

<<what you mean>>
I meant to say 'the Excel driver in SQL Server, context of DTS' which is ISAM I think - basically text??.  I'll look into that.
But anyway, I'm glad to get a second nod regarding how Excel files are updated.
I was certain there was no insert / delete, but DTS is too flexible sometimes, and the when the package was written, it was apparently tested.

<<Excel Workbook... If you need to keep the old data, just rename the workbook >>
SQL Server DTS would be doing this task, and I'm still looking into the shell xp (system stored procedure) that handles this.

<<use temp tables>>
You're right -   the Access DB could be attaching after the data is destroyed/refreshed.

I appreciate the help,

William N. Thompson

-------------- Original message from Gustav Brock : --------------