[AccessD] Common Dialog in Access 97

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Wed Sep 29 05:11:28 CDT 2004

Thanks for everyone's help on this, I went the API route in the end.

Message date : Sep 29 2004, 11:05 AM
>From : "Gustav Brock"
To : "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
Copy to :
Subject : Re: [AccessD] Common Dialog in Access 97
Hi Paul

You need to have exactly the same version of the ocx on the machine.
If it is not used for anything else on that machine, you can copy your
version. You may need to register it though.

If this is not a one-shot install, rewrite your code to use the API.

/gustav

> To all,
> I have developed an application in Office XP which uses the Microsoft common dialog control. I converted the application to Access 97, using the convert wizard and when installed on an Access 97
> machine the common dialog section does not work, and it's not available in the ActiveX controls, anyone any idea's on how I can get this in Access 97
> Paul Hartland

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/