[AccessD] Going live in the game of life

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 4 22:39:13 CDT 2005

I just wanted to let the group know that my wife and I are "going live".  As
many of you probably know Mary and I are foster parents of two of the cutest
kids on two legs (every parent says that right?;-).  We got Robbie first,
when he was 16 months old and he just turned 4 years old last week.  We got
Allie when she was 3 days old and she is now 21 months.

The big news is that we got a court date for the adoptions, both of them
will be processed on the same day, Thursday April 14th.  So in less than 2
weeks we will be the adoptive parents of two of the cutest kids on two legs
(well, they ARE).

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as at 50+ we are damned old to be doing
this (or it feels that way anyway).  It's TOUGH keeping up with a 4 year old
boy when you're 50!  It's tough (at any age probably) even outsmarting a 4
year old boy.  With any luck though he'll be an employee in my company in
about 5 years pulling in a high 5 figure salary and padding my retirement
account <grin>.

http://folding.stanford.edu/