[AccessD] Zipping files in "subfolders" through Access

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 23:05:17 CST 2005

Thanks Stuart,

The Shell statement I used below was borrowed. Where do I put the -r or p?

Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg> wrote:
On 1 Apr 2005 at 7:44, Lonnie Johnson wrote:

> I've used the following to zip files from a particualar location. It
> works fine. Now I want to use it on a folder where all the files are in
> subfolders.
>
> 'Zipping proceess
> Call Shell(strAppName & " -A " & """" & strZipFile & """" & " " & """" & strFileLoc & strTargetFiles(i) & """", 1)

You use "-r"

-r Recurse into subfolders (include subfolders). This option requires the -p or -P option.

-p|P Store folder names. A lower case p stores only the names of folders
recursed (subfolders included) via the -r option, while an upper case P
stores all folder information specified on the command line.

--
Stuart

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us