[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Apr 12 15:57:14 CDT 2005

Congratulations!!!

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Randall Anthony
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:53 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: RE: [AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Dear Listers,
This will serve as a partial follow-up to this discussion.  I can happily
report that I am employed full-time as of tomorrow with a local, large
health group.  It manages hospitals and health insurance in the region.  I
will be serving in a dba capacity using Access, SQL, and some PICK, I think.
In addition, I will be assisting other developers in VB, ASP, and the
proposed changes to the .Net framework, including developing new apps via
.Net and conversion procedures.

I think I am quite fortunate that my plan has payed off.  My last class was
three weeks ago, and I've one exam left.  I am now MCP certified in SQL2000
programming and administration, and .Net development (web and VB.Net).  I
hope to take the WinServer2003 exam in the next few weeks (which will give
me my MCDBA).  As I have mentioned before, in my area, as expressed to me by
more than a few potential employers, my certs/formal training definitely
gave me the leg up on my peers.  As a result, my ROI should be paid off in
less than 18 months due to the increase in salary at my new job.

I guess I will be signing off later today, and hopefully, will be signing on
with my new email address in the next day or two.  I can't see myself going
to long without the advice and peerless technical savvy displayed here.

Thanks, Steve, and everyone!

Randall R. Anthony