[AccessD] Use if HIT ODBC/400 with Access 2003 - X Posted

Bud Goss bgoss711 at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 15 13:58:25 CDT 2005

Do not really understand the first paragraph of your e-mail.

 How can I put the table in design view when I am failing to establish the link to the table in the first place?

I attempted the solution discussed in your second paragraph.

Went to Tools / Options and cleared out the text box called AutoIndex on Import / Create.

I attempted to establish an ODBC to the AS400 to one of my problem tables.

Still had the same error message saying Index already exists. Re-booted my PC and tried again. Still no joy.

Appreciate your reply.

Dan Waters <dwaters at usinternet.com> wrote:
Bud,

You didn't say if you actually have more than one index in the tables. To
find out first put the table in Design view. Then open the Index dialog box
by pushing the 'lightening bolt' button. You can delete indexes from here.

To stop this from happening go to Tools|Options and click the Tables tab.
You'll see a field called AutoIndex on Import/Create. Clear everything out
of this field. If something in this field partially matches a name that
you've given to a field, then you'll automatically get an index on that
field. Check Help to get the whole story.

If you manually created an index for the same field, then you may have two
indexes with the same name.

Perhaps A97 did not have this AutoIndex feature.

HTH!

Dan Waters