[AccessD] UPPER-CASE to Upper-Lower-Case

Tom Bolton tom.bolton at donnslaw.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 03:32:18 CDT 2005

Yep, got you now.  Live and learn...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart McLachlan [mailto:stuart at lexacorp.com.pg]
Sent: 21 April 2005 09:20
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] UPPER-CASE to Upper-Lower-Case

On 21 Apr 2005 at 9:17, Tom Bolton wrote:

> Alun
>
> Sorry, I didn't read this properly, hence hasty reply.  You could split
the
> string into an array (Split function) and knock off the first character of
> each array element.  Then add on the first letter again but capitalised,
> after which you could re-join the array elements into one string (Join
> function).  As far as I know, there's no function to do all this
> automatically.

StrConv Function
Returns a Variant (String) converted as specified.

Syntax
StrConv(string, conversion, LCID)

The StrConv function syntax has these named arguments:

Part Description
string Required. String expression to be converted.

conversion Required. Integer. The sum of values specifying the type of
conversion to perform.

LCID Optional. The LocaleID, if different than the system LocaleID. (The
system LocaleID is the default.)

Settings

The conversion argument settings are:
Constant Value Description
vbUpperCase 1 Converts the string to uppercase characters.
vbLowerCase 2 Converts the string to lowercase characters.
vbProperCase 3 Converts the first letter of every word in string to
uppercase.
vbWide* 4* Converts narrow (single-byte) characters in string to wide
(double-byte) characters.
vbNarrow* 8* Converts wide (double-byte) characters in string to narrow
(single-byte) characters.
vbKatakana** 16** Converts Hiragana characters in string to Katakana
characters.
vbHiragana** 32** Converts Katakana characters in string to Hiragana
characters.
vbUnicode 64 Converts the string to Unicode using the default code page of
the system. (Not available on the Macintosh.)
vbFromUnicode 128 Converts the string from Unicode to the default code page
of the system. (Not available on the Macintosh.)

--
Stuart