[AccessD] WAY OT: Alt Characters

Darren Dick D.Dick at uws.edu.au
Mon Apr 25 19:29:33 CDT 2005

Thanks Marty - it works well
DD

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of MartyConnelly
Sent: Friday, 22 April 2005 2:12 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] WAY OT: Alt Characters

In Word press  Ctrl and '  then press Shift E  It is an E acute or 201 decimal in extended Ansi To see the lot of keyboard shortcuts in Word Menu Insert--> Symbol and probably select Arial it has full unicode symbols there is a current controversy among the French concerning whether one should put accents on capital letters, and that whether those letters are majuscules or capitales  makes a difference (this is suggested in the excerpt from le Bon Usage  there are other people making stronger arguments based upon the same principle).

  Majuscules = handwritten capital letters
    Capitales  = printed or typed capital letters

My head hurts on this one.  I am a tête carré.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.