[AccessD] OT: Does anyone have decent Quickbooks chops? I'm i n a bind.

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Apr 27 08:26:00 CDT 2005

Christopher, I've not pushed data up to QB but have used the QODBC driver to
link to QB tables and create Access tables. They have a data schema of QB at
the link below that you may find useful. Two thngs- the drive is s-l-o-w
since it translates to HTML. I haven't found anything faster. Second- QB
does not use a relational model which makes pushing data up everywhere it
needs to go a nightmare. Good luck
Jim Hale

http://www.qodbc.com/schema.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Hawkins [mailto:clh at christopherhawkins.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 5:51 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] OT: Does anyone have decent Quickbooks chops? I'm in
a bind.

Here's the deal.  One of my projects requires Invoice and InvoiceLine data
to be pulled out of a SQL Server database and pushed into Quickbooks.  The
client wants it seamless, so I've been reading up on QBFC and QBXML to make
it happen.

A month later, I am nowhere.  I even joined the Intuit Developer Network,
and I'm finding the documentation to be useless, the developer forums to be
useless, and the lightly-commented sample code to be a game of "guess the
object model", with numerous things in the sample code that are not in the
SDK documentation.

I need help.  And I can't seem to find anyone who has done this before.

Does anyone here have decent chops with QBFC or QBXML?

-Christopher-