[AccessD] A2K Unbound field on report error

Bob Gajewski rbgajewski at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 4 14:40:05 CDT 2005

Dear List

We have a report that prints one membership card at a time. I am probably
missing the most obvious thing here, but I just can't get this report to
print. I keep receiving:

Run-time error; '2465'

Microsoft Access can't find the field 'Firefighter'
referred to in your expression.

Any assistance or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Gajewski, Assistant Chief (and db Administrator)
Wales Center Volunteer Fire Company

Details:

rptMembershipCard
Source: qryMembershipCard
Fields:
  MemberNumber (bound to query field 'MemberNumber')
  txtFullName (bound to query field 'txtFullName')
  txtClass (unbound)
  // other fields have been not included here as they are not related to the
problem

qryMembershipCard
Source: tblMembers
Selected Fields:
  MemberNumber // using prompt to select one record
  txtFullName = [FirstName] & IIf(IsNull([MiddleInitial]),""," " &
[MiddleInitial] & ",") & " " & [LastName]
  booFirefighter
  booEMSProvider
  booFirePolice
  // other fields have been not included here as they are not related to the
problem

The CBF is:

***************** CODE BEGIN ************************
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)

Dim booFirstClass As Boolean

booFirstClass = True

txtClass = ""

If [Firefighter] = True Then
    If booFirstClass = True Then
        txtClass = "Firefighter"
        booFirstClass = False
    Else
        txtClass = " " & "Firefighter"
    End If
End If
If [EMSProvider] = True Then
    If booFirstClass = True Then
        txtClass = "EMS Provider"
        booFirstClass = False
    Else
        txtClass = "," & "EMS Provider"
    End If
End If
If [FirePolice] = True Then
    If booFirstClass = True Then
        txtClass = "Fire Police"
        booFirstClass = False
    Else
        txtClass = "," & "Fire Police"
    End If
End If

If IsNull([txtClass]) Or [txtClass] = "" Then
    lblClass.Visible = False
End If
End Sub