[AccessD] Problems with word Automation

| Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Tue Aug 2 09:13:25 CDT 2005

Kim,

I had the same experience once. This was because of early binding problem
(direct crash of the app) and a different office version (reason why). I had
office 97 on my development envirnment. This all works fine. on the client
machine it crashes. Due to the fact that de client had office 2000 or
higher. I fixed it with delivering the word 97 OLB with the application
because i would not make a seperate version of my app for each office
version.

Built in proper logging with the debug option. It should give you a lot of
information.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Kim Wiggins
Sent: dinsdag 2 augustus 2005 0:18
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Problems with word Automation

Hey everyone
Hope all is well.  I am not.  I coded an automation report in VB6 using Word
and it works fine on my work laptop and my laptop at home.  But when I
install it on the users computer, it gives me the standard application error
and shuts down.  It says "My_app_name has encountered an error and must
close" and then it offers to send a report.  Well that is flooring me
because it runs in the development environment on both machines just fine.
Can anyone think of anything that I am missing or overlooking?
Thanks
Kim