[AccessD] Problems with word Automation

| Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Tue Aug 2 17:41:14 CDT 2005

Kim, I used early binding with the error. But the fact is that early or late
binding does not solve your problem (IF this is the problem in your case).
It only gives errors in different stages within your application. With early
binding it occurs by startup. With late binding it occurs when you try to
create your word app with the createobject statement.

Msword8.olb  = Word 97
MSWORD9.OLB  = Word 2000
etc but you can check it by clicking with your right mouse button on the olb
file en check the version information

If you use Word 10.0 (office XP) and your client uses word 2000 you get an
error. It depends how your errorhandling is what your app will do. Crash,
write to log and crash, etc..etc..etc..

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Kim Wiggins
Sent: dinsdag 2 augustus 2005 17:40
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Problems with word Automation

Thanks so much. I thought that it had something to do with that.  Did you
then use late binding instead of early binding in that instance?  How can I
tell which OLB to use with the version of word they have?  The OLB I used
was Word 10.0 Object.  That was the only one available in my references on
my version of VB6.

| Marcel Vreuls <vrm at tim-cms.com> wrote:Kim,

I had the same experience once. This was because of early binding problem
(direct crash of the app) and a different office version (reason why). I had
office 97 on my development envirnment. This all works fine. on the client
machine it crashes. Due to the fact that de client had office 2000 or
higher. I fixed it with delivering the word 97 OLB with the application
because i would not make a seperate version of my app for each office
version.

Built in proper logging with the debug option. It should give you a lot of
information.