[AccessD] "Find" combo box searches more than one table

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Thu Aug 4 18:33:36 CDT 2005

Maybe Susan means that the users would like to have a 'search function' which will find something anywhere in the database.

I have had that request before, eg. for a database that tracked travel agent wholesalers, travel agent retailers, suppliers, clients etc. Users would get an inquiry from someone and wanted to type in their name and find all instances anywhere in the system.

It depends whether you need to populate a combo or not. In my case I created an unbound text box and users type in any part of the person's surname and hit enter.

The code then searches through the relevant tables one by one and populates a results table.

Kath