[AccessD] Conversion to adp

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 9 16:10:57 CDT 2005

These guys will give you a quote roughly 5 days under $10,000.
for mdb to adp conversion. I'll bet they use data modeling reverse
engineering tools.

http://www.upsizewizard.com/

They also give a long list of considerations to look at  re conversion
mdb to adp
and links to MS upsizing wizard white paper.

http://www.upsizewizard.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=5036&pageid=22

You may want to consider keeping the mdb format and hooking to sql
server via ado or dao.
rather than doing an adp conversion. But a lot of the above
considerations apply.

One reason being SQL Express the new version of MSDE or SQL Server 2005
wont hook to ADP's unless they are installed in crippled SQL 2000
compatibilty mode.

"You will not be able to use any of the designers with SQLS 2005
 databases, whether it's SQL Express or the Developer edition. IOW, you
 won't be able to create databases, tables, views or any other database
 objects from an ADP. The only support that is envisioned is that you
 will be able to connect an Access front-end to a SQLS 2005 back end if
 it is running in SQLS 2000 compatibility mode, so your forms, reports
 and other local Access objects should still run.

FAQ: How to connect to SQL Express from "downlevel clients"(Access 2003,
VS 2003, VB 6, etc
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/23/192044.aspx

--
Marty Connelly