[AccessD] Tagged value query

Bruen, Bruce Bruce.Bruen at railcorp.nsw.gov.au
Thu Aug 11 22:09:17 CDT 2005

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, 12 August 2005 12:20 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Tagged value query

You want all objects, even if they have no tags?

Susan H.

I'm having a total mental blank on this, please help.

I have an object that has 0-n tagged value pairs associated with it.
Object is is one table, the tagged values are in another.  There is a
simple FK relationship.  Here's the problem.  I want to produce a report
(list) of object and values for a set of the possible tagged values.

An example may make it clearer.

Object table tuples include a set of usecases UC1, UC2,....UCn
UC1 has tagged values: InFirstRelease=true; TestPriority=2;...
UC2 has tagged value: InFirstRelease=false
UC3 has tagged values: InFirstRelease=true; DocumentVer=2.0;
Approved=No;...

The report should look like:

Case             blah   blah    InFirstRelease  TestPriority
UC1    ..........................          TICK                2
UC2    ..........................          NoTICK
UC3    ..........................          TICK                -

I just cannot get to 1st base on the query.

Any ideas gratefully requested

bruce

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information
that is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may be
subject to copyright. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and its attachments from
your system.  You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail
if you are not the intended recipient.  Any opinion expressed in this
e-mail and any attachments is not an opinion of RailCorp unless stated
or apparent from its content. RailCorp is not responsible for any
unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or any attachments. RailCorp
will not incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly as a
result of the recipient accessing any of the attached files that may
contain a virus.