[AccessD] checkboxes aren't functioning

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 17 16:50:09 CDT 2005

You said there's no code affecting the controls? Not just behind the control
itself, but nothing trying to alter it anywhere at all?

This will happen in a continuous form if you change a format/property using
code, based on another value in the record. For instance, if you want to
enable/disable a checkbox based on the value in a text box -- in a
continuous form, such code would enable/disable all of the check box
controls, depending on the current record -- I think (without testing, but
pretty sure).

Not in a continuous form?

Susan H.

Hello All who responded,

thanks for the advise, but al fieldproperties are ok.
The database worked fine, nothing changed, but the checkboxes stopped
working correctly.
The strange part is that for example in record 1 the checkboxes are working,
in record 2 they aren't and in record 3 they work again. I also heard today
that suddenly you can't make new records with this form. I heven't seen this
yet, but i will come back on this tommorrow.

Pedro Janssen