[AccessD] OT: Why did Mac switch to Intel revisted

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Aug 19 11:09:33 CDT 2005

Josh,

Do you mean VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 when you talk about Edit & Continue feature?
You guess they will never be able to make it stable? (they managed to do
that with VB6 and even in MS Access 2003 (although both VB6 and MS Access
2003 still may crash unexpectedly in complicated cases) - they will probably
make it working stable somewhere in not that far future? No any hopes you
think?

By using reflection I mean injecting specific attributes BEFORE Just-in-time
compilation, just as one of thr possible ways to do that, in fact it will
not be needed probably because attributes will be inline with the source
code...

Did you try any of obfuscators or other methods to protect compiled code
from reverse engineering? - I did - and I found they are good enough even
the cheap ones, and expensive ones are very good.

I have heard they made good progress with ATL in VS.NET 2005. But I can't
judge here because I do use ATL a few.

I didn't know that much about prioritizing threads to logical processors and
HyperThreading.
Yes, I may also say that what MS and Intel are doing now - a lot of that is
deja' vue - they got acuiqred a lot of that from the companies they bought
etc. but they are compiling all that stuff now and adding their own very
well IMO and they are developing very promising new technologies on top of
that "deja' vue" knowledge and experience. (and no, I was never "crazy"
about technologies...)

"Good software design policies" if I got that correctly is a very broad term
Do you mean they can restrict also the quantity of attributes and methods of
a class? If yes - could you please post an example of such software design
ploicy here or give a reference to it, which also shows that it worked in a
real life project?

Shamil