[AccessD] AS400 data upload (Lost in Translation)

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:01:53 CDT 2005

Hi Jim,

I think not an empty string but a single space character surrounded by
the appropriate quotation marks is what I would use.  Hex 40 is EBCDIC
for a space. ASCII space is hex 20.  Evidently the space it originally
contained got stripped as part of a "trim" trailing spaces that the
file transfer did for you - which you would have preferred in this
case that it hadn't done.

Give it a space and you should be good to go.

Gary