[AccessD] OT: Zip files (was Logic issue)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Aug 25 14:03:15 CDT 2005

Yes, as long as it has an acceptable extension on it should go through. This
is a seriously flawed approach to gateway security but then, there are some
seriously flawed gateway admins :o)

Although in some instances this is the quick and easy work around, I have
changed my practices to send an email which includes instructions to
download from my FTP site rather than "fooling" the gateway security
scanners. One reason is because they do change the gateway settings now and
then. A couple of customers can no longer receive attachments at all. Seems
insane...