[AccessD] Select Count(*) from different tables

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Aug 28 11:35:26 CDT 2005

Thanks! My excuse is old age LOL. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: August 28, 2005 9:02 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Select Count(*) from different tables

Hi Arthur

It could be:

  SELECT
      Count(*) AS
    AssessID_Notes_Count,
      (SELECT
        Count(*)
      FROM
        [Bill_Time_Machine_DS Without Matching Bill_Time_Machine]) AS
    Bill_Time_Machine_Count
  FROM
    [AssessID_Notes_DS Without Matching AssessID_Notes];

/gustav

>>> artful at rogers.com 28-08-2005 14:37 >>>
I have two MDBs identical in structure (or nearly so) and I want to
compare
the counts of each pair of tables and put the results all in a single
query.
I know that I have done this before, but I can't quite remember the
syntax I
used. It is something along the lines of:
SELECT
Count(*) AS AssessID_Notes_Count
FROM [AssessID_Notes_DS Without Matching AssessID_Notes],
(SELECT Count(*) AS Bill_Time_Machine_Count
FROM [Bill_Time_Machine_DS Without Matching Bill_Time_Machine])

But the above returns only one column, not two as I would expect. Since
want to compare about two dozen tables (queries, actually), I stopped
at two
until I could get it right. Removing the parentheses from the second
"column" results in an error.
Can anyone suggest the correct syntax for this type of query? (This
case is
Access MDB not ADP, but it might be useful to have both answers
handy.)
TIA,
Arthur