[AccessD] Union Query quick question

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Wed Dec 21 13:32:55 CST 2005

Hi All

Quick question on Union Query results - I am having a brain freeze

 If I have 3 groups of data that one group gets filled by each union
portion Is it possible and how do I define the query so that only one
record is produced for each total grouping

Example:  A fills a, B fills b, C fills c.

   Select a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
   from table1
   where x3 = "A"
Union
   Select a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
   from table1
   where x3 = "B"
Union
   Select a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
   from table1
   where x3 = "C"

Right now I get 3 records for each group - I would like to only get 1
records with all groups filled.  Could have sworn I have done this
before but just can't get brain to clear

Thanks
Patti
* Patricia O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (w) mailto:aa1160 at otda.state.ny.us
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.