[AccessD] Independent Developers Question

E-business2start.com - Marcel Vreuls oost at e-business2start.com
Mon Dec 5 15:41:11 CST 2005

I think there are several reasons to choose early or late binding, it al depends on your software and the way you work. But that is another discussion. I found a bullet proof (it has not proven me wrong until now) method i used the past 8 years. I always use early binding and am making sure all referenced dll, objects are also installed in the program folder. I never have reference problems!!! I have a access mde database which i have distributed to about 700 different customers of my with 2 yearly updates. in 99% of the cases there are no problems.

The backside of this is that i have local for example outlook dll which are not applied with security packs etc. I state this in the manual and give my clients advice how to coop with this.

Regards, marcel