[AccessD] Use form field for IN statement in Where clause

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 6 04:09:32 CST 2005

Hi Patricia

Though it would be nice, you can't do this. Look up my post dated:
  2005-11-21 09:55

subject:
  SQL - IN Operator - Possible to use parameter

/gustav

>>> Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us 05-12-2005 20:14 >>>
In an Access 97 database

I have a case type field in a reference table that may contain 1 to 11
values depending on what cases are used in a particular report
   examples  report 1221 has this type  11
             report 1321 has these types 11,12,14,16,17

The field is placed into a hidden text field on a form called
[Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria]

The called query currently uses this field in the where statement this
way

(InStr([Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria],[tlkpXrefDescID].[CaseType
])>0))

I would like to be able to use it with an IN statement
[tlkpXrefDescID].[CaseType] in([Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria])

But it does not like this - how can I get this to work - I think there
is a function but I can't seem to remember it right now.