[AccessD] Is This A Problem?

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:16:05 CST 2005

William:

Fortunately I have built a file management system in Access that allows
display of files in several folders and combinations of server and local
drives combined in a single list with enhanced filtering and search tools.
It excludes files (.pee files have ancilliary .pwt files that cannot be
launched so I don't display them, certain sub folders with the same name as
the .pee file and the 68 additional files representing tables for each and
every .pee file) that users are far better off not ever seeing, synchronizes
versions between local and server files automatically and otherwise allows
me to do anything I damn well please within folders to which I and my users
have rights.  Although users can't change the extensions, I display them and
allow them to filter/sort on extension and I have my own VBA tools that have
resolved every file system obstacle.  I've had all this in place long before
the upgrade to 2003 Server resulted in the file extension rights revision.

These people exist for my amusement.  Yesterday I was given a laptop to
install their VPN software.  Double clicking the install file on the CD
results in the message 'Operation disabled due to security
restrictions....'.  Copy the folder to the local drive, change the .exe to
.com and let her rip.  These guys aren't Nazis or neo-Nazis, they are
neophyte-Nazis.  Not only that, my boss is now a president and it is his
division that is my bailiwick.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta