[AccessD] OT: Is My ASP Covered

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Wed Dec 7 18:38:42 CST 2005

It's part of the framework 2.0 IIRC.

http://folding.stanford.edu/
-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin -
Beach Access Software
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:28 PM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] OT: Is My ASP Covered

Went to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/SQL Server 2005/Biz Talk Server
2006 product launch gala in Anaheim yesterday and walked out with a copy of
each.  Thought I might try to learn .Net and convert the Sleep Advisor to a
web app.

I had a 1:1 talk with an MS tech who advised for my application 1) use SQL
Server Express, 2) Reporting Services will give me the functionality I need
to duplicate the Access reporting.

In any event the fine print on the back says to use Reporting Services I
need ASP.NET 2.0 or later.  Is this hidden somewhere on my system or is that
an a la carte purchase?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software