[AccessD] VB.Net, trying to update some records in Access

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 8 04:22:02 CST 2005

Hi David and Richard

Why all the Tables and DataSet fuzz?
Why not use a simple Recordset?

/gustav

>>> R.Griffiths at bury.gov.uk 08-12-2005 10:28:23 >>>
Hi

I believe you need to have an update command associated with your
dataadapter.
da.updatecommand("SQL to update the database - e.g. Update ItemMast set
......" (there is an inset and delete command as well)
At the moment you are simply updating the disconnected dataset/recordset
- you need to explicitly write the changes to the BE.
Sorry I can't add more as I use a different approach for dataaccess (a
DAL (data access layer) dll that sort of does it all for me)
Loads of stuff out there for exact code examples.

HTH

Richard