[AccessD] OT: Is My ASP Covered

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Dec 8 09:06:00 CST 2005

>Functionality that's been changed from VS 2003 is still supported in 2005
so your current apps should still run.

I can tell you that without a doubt, this is NOT true for ASP.Net, or at
least not necessarily true.  I do not understand the ins and outs of the
issue, but it has to do with the ability to have sub-projects in 2003 and
that has been removed in 2005 (ASP.net).  DotNetNuke broke big time and
required a rather large re-write to make it work again.

However DotNetNuke also used some rather sophisticated partitioning in order
to allow you to add modules without having to recompile the core code, which
the average project probably does not attempt or require so your existing
projects may very well run.

http://folding.stanford.edu/