[AccessD] Web Browser ActiveX control

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 15 18:42:34 CST 2005

Do you want to get the url of the graphic displayed on an html page
or the url of whatever is displayed after triggering the hotspot?

You might have to use this.
Among the features built into the WebBrowser control are context
(right-click) menus and accelerator keys mapped to specific actions. You may
want to turn off some or all of these features in your application, but
there is no direct way to do so using the WebBrowser control's properties.
However, Microsoft offers a free tool to perform these actions--the
WBCustomizer.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/2/35.ASP

or if you just want to parse out the returned Html from the webpage

If you need to retrieve HTML pages, you can do so easily by calling some
functions in the WinINet API library. First, put the following
declarations in your project (in a code module) so the program will know
about
the required WinINet library functions:

Public Const INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG = 0
Public Const INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT = 1
Public Const INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY = 3
Public Const scUserAgent = "VB OpenUrl"
Public Const INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD = &H80000000

Public Declare Function InternetOpen Lib "wininet.dll" _
    Alias "InternetOpenA" (ByVal sAgent As String, _
    ByVal lAccessType As Long, ByVal sProxyName As String, _
    ByVal sProxyBypass As String, ByVal lFlags As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function InternetOpenUrl Lib "wininet.dll" _
    Alias "InternetOpenUrlA" (ByVal hOpen As Long, _
    ByVal sUrl As String, ByVal sHeaders As String, _
    ByVal lLength As Long, ByVal lFlags As Long, _
    ByVal lContext As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function InternetReadFile Lib "wininet.dll" _
    (ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal sBuffer As String, _
    ByVal lNumBytesToRead As Long, lNumberOfBytesRead As Long) _
    As Integer

Public Declare Function InternetCloseHandle Lib "wininet.dll" _
    (ByVal hInet As Long) As Integer

Then, obtain the entire text of the specified URL, as shown in this
function:

Private Function GetHTMLFromURL(sUrl As String) As String

Dim s As String
Dim hOpen As Long
Dim hOpenUrl As Long
Dim bDoLoop As Boolean
Dim bRet As Boolean
Dim sReadBuffer As String * 2048
Dim lNumberOfBytesRead As Long

hOpen = InternetOpen(scUserAgent, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, _
    vbNullString, vbNullString, 0)
hOpenUrl = InternetOpenUrl(hOpen, sUrl, vbNullString, 0, _
    INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD, 0)

bDoLoop = True
Do While bDoLoop
    sReadBuffer = vbNullString
    bRet = InternetReadFile(hOpenUrl, sReadBuffer, Len(sReadBuffer), _
           lNumberOfBytesRead)
    s = s & Left$(sReadBuffer, lNumberOfBytesRead)
    If Not CBool(lNumberOfBytesRead) Then bDoLoop = False
Loop

If hOpenUrl <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpenUrl)
If hOpen <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpen)

GetHTMLFromUrl = s
End Function

--
Marty Connelly