[AccessD] Upsize?

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Dec 16 14:46:53 CST 2005

Pull ALL of the tables into a single db, set the relationships, upsize, fix
errors, upsize, fix errors, repeat until it goes.

http://folding.stanford.edu/
-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
E-business2start.com - Marcel Vreuls
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 3:20 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Upsize?

Hi Guys,
Just a question. I have distributed Access 97, 2000 and 2003 databases as
backend database with about 600 installations. Now i want to port the access
db to sql server (MSDE). I know the access upsize wizard exists but this
wizard does not seem to to it right.
I have a database with about 50 tables which are related with each other and
in many case the relation is made with a query instead of table to table
relation. The upsize wizard does not convert the queries to stored
procedures.
Does anyone know a good way to get my access db to sql server with all
tables, relations and queries.
Tnx, marcel