[AccessD] Upsize?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Dec 17 05:13:58 CST 2005

Hi Marcel

The really quick method is to use ODBC. Despite all the rumours, it may run very fast. Of course, it depends on your amount of data.

And the efforts are close to zero: Copy tables, indices and relations to SQL Server and attach these tables to the frontend using the same names as previously. Some queries may need to have some options specified like dbSeeChanges. The only area that requires redesign is code that handles TableDef objects directly.

Not very sexy, I know, but probably very cost-effective.

/gustav

>>> oost at e-business2start.com 16-12-2005 21:19 >>>

Hi Guys,
Just a question. I have distributed*Access 97, 2000 and 2003 databases as backend database with about 600 installations. Now i want to port the access db to sql server (MSDE). I know the access upsize wizard exists but this wizard does not seem to to it right.
I have a database with about 50 tables which are related with each other and in many case the relation is made with a query instead of table to table relation. The upsize wizard does not convert the queries to stored procedures.
Does anyone know a good way to get my access db to sql server with all tables, relations and queries.
Tnx, marcel