[AccessD] Using IN (SELECT SQL STATEMENT)

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 13:16:11 CST 2005

John,

<<I have had this issue (a join causes a non-updateable query) in the past
and
never really solved it.  I think this is going to solve that problem for
me.>>

  Just bumped into that myself yesterday as a matter of fact.  Only thin I
could figure is that it was a problem because the join was between a local
table and a table in a SQL Server database.  I know JET, because of it's
key-set driven cursor model will often have problems with a table in a BE
other then JET.

  Workaround I used was IN as well.  Performance seemed fine.

Jim.