[AccessD] Union Query quick question

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Wed Dec 21 14:32:03 CST 2005

Thanks but That still produces 3 records.

Below is a better example

> Example:  A fills a, B fills b, C fills c.
>
>    Select CaseNo, CArea, a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
>    from table1
>    where x3 = "A"
> Union
>    Select CaseNo, CArea, a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
>    from table1
>    where x3 = "B"
> Union
>    Select CaseNo, CArea, a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3
>    from table1
>    where x3 = "C"

Right now I for each CASENO Carea I can get 1 to 3 records. Each record
for a Caseno, Carea would have a particular grouping filled and the
others null
     C1234,01,a1,a2,a3,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,
     C1234,01,  ,  ,  ,b1,b2,b3,
     C1234,01,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,c1,c2,c3,

I would like to have the output look like
     C1234,01,a1,a2,a3,b1,b2,b3,c1,c2,c3,

Thanks
* Patricia O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (w) mailto:aa1160 at otda.state.ny.us

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.