[AccessD] Upsizing to SQL Server

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Dec 21 14:59:16 CST 2005

Hello John!

I'm looking at this too.

I pre-ordered a book titled Beginning SQL Server 2005 Express, and got it 2
days ago.  Author is Rick Dobson.

He does specifically say that you can create an Access Project that points
to SSX, although he doesn't talk about upsizing per se.  I tried to select
my installed SSX database from the upsizing wizard in AXP, and wasn't able
to do so.  I may not have the 'service broker'(?) set up correctly.

He also specifically talks about creating links from an mdb that point to
SSX.  You do need ODBC to do this.  He doesn't talk about faster, slower,
etc.

According to SQL 2K5 Books On Line, you can import data a few different
ways.  Look at Importing Data.

That's all I know for now.

Dan Waters