[AccessD] Access + SQL Server 2005

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 22 12:12:02 CST 2005

SQL Express doesn't include Data Transformation Services, which is the
tool that supports the Import/Export wizards. You have a couple options...

- Use the Export functionality of Access. (File | Export) You'll need to
have a DSN created for the database you want to send the data to.
- Use the Access Upsizing wizard.
- Export the data from Access into a text file and then use BCP to put
the data into SQL.

The first two will be documented in the Access help file, the third in
SQL Express Books Online.

from Mike Wachal
SQL Express Team