[AccessD] access xp runtime

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 22 17:58:36 CST 2005

"wants his database to not look like an access database (no problem)" D&J

...lol ...runtime is one thing ...I run them on several client systems
...but I'd really, really like to know how you make an Access db not look
like an Access db ...the only way you can hide the Access window, afaik, is
using popups which severely limits your gui ...alternatively you can fill
the window with your main form and call subforms to do most of your work, an
appoach I quickly abandoned ...and even then the user can still expose the
Access window in a number of ways you can't control.

...building innovative guis is one thing ...but making it not look like an
Access db? ...I'm all ears?

...btw, if you have the option I highly recommend upgrading your development
system to A2K3 and buying the VSTO.

William