[AccessD] access xp runtime

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Dec 22 19:53:16 CST 2005

This is code I put on an 'Always On Top' form which also hides the Access
window:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal _
cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function IsWindowVisible Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long)
As Long
Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long
Const SW_HIDE = 0
Private Const SW_SHOW = 5
Private Const SWP_NOMOVE = &H2
Private Const SWP_NOSIZE = &H1
Private Const HWND_TOPMOST = -1
Private Const HWND_NOTOPMOST = -2

Private Sub cmdAlwaysOnTop_Click()
If IsWindowVisible(Application.hWndAccessApp) Then
    ShowWindow Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_HIDE
    SetWindowPos Application.hWndAccessApp, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, _
    SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOSIZE
    ShowWindow Me.hwnd, SW_SHOW
    Me.Repaint
Else
    ShowWindow Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_SHOW
    SetWindowPos Application.hWndAccessApp, HWND_NOTOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, _
    SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOSIZE
End If
End Sub
If IsWindowVisible(Application.hWndAccessApp) = False Then