[AccessD] A97. Report with printer and paper selection picks wrong paper when deployed on identical Windows XP

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Feb 7 11:13:46 CST 2005

Hi all

The report is set up for printing to a custom printer (named Invoice)
using a NEC Pinwriter P9XL driver, this matrix printer and endless
forms.
This prints fine with my machine with same Windows XP and Access as the
client.

However, when the app is moved to the client, with the Invoice printer
set up in exactly the same way, without doing any preview or print and
no messagebox "This report was previously .. would you like to etc." -
when I open the report in design view - the paper format has been set to
Letter! Margins are preserved.

When I (re)select paper format to endless forms and saves the report,
it prints fine and will not fall back to Letter.
The Invoice printer is set up with all paper settings (default,
advanced etc.) set to endless forms. Still Letter is picked initially
for paper format.

We've tried in the registry to remove all other paper formats than the
endless we need, but it seems that Windows when accessing the printer,
rebuilds the list of standard paper formats.

Anyone having a cure for this?

/gustav