[AccessD] A2000: Subreport in Group footer (swe)

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:06:56 CST 2005

Dear Group,

I'm converting a Paradox for Windows app to Access 2000. One of the
Paradox reports I'm converting is pretty complex. It not only has a
couple of subreports in the Report footer, but it even has one in a
Group footer. That is, there's a one-to-many relationship between the
data in the subreport and the grouping. That is, there are multiple
records that display in the subreport for each group footer.

I believe that I've structured the subreport properly. The ones in the
report footer work as expected. But when I position the subreport in
the group footer and run the report nothing appears in the group
footer other than the standard subtotals that were already there.

Is this something that Access doesn't handle well? The link Child and
Master fields worked all right. The subreport works all right when it
runs on its own. It's just when it's placed in a group footer that
it's a no-show.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,