[AccessD] Question on Reference (DAO)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Wed Feb 9 12:51:03 CST 2005

I am working on a new program in A2K. Most of my older existing stuff is
A97, and I just used some old code which had a problem. Basically, I
took some code I was using, from an A97 db, to add items to a combo on
NotInList...I think the code was originally written by Dev Ashish. I got
a "reference" error, so I went into the references and added Microsoft
DAO 3.6 object library, and it is working now.

My question is this; is this alright, or should I have adapted the code
to fit 2K? Is there any penalty that I risk (i.e. speed, etc.) by
keeping it this way?

Thanks,

John W Clark