[AccessD] OT: Report Generator in .Net

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Feb 22 10:59:07 CST 2005

I didn't evaluate the report generator because I was still working in
the Access world at the time the decision was made.  I disliked CR in
VB, so I was quite happy to accept DataDynamics ActiveReports instead,
which is what we settled on.  It handles subreports like Access and
includes a wizard that does a fair job of converting Access reports.  It
takes some skill to know what to do *after* the conversion to make it
all work, but it isn't really that hard.  We build n-tier .Net apps, so
we don't use the built in data connection handling and bind our reports
to data entities instead.

Charlotte Foust