[AccessD] Relinking Foxpro Tables

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Feb 22 21:47:23 CST 2005

I have an Access XP application which links to Visual Foxpro tables.

There could be several versions of the data in separate folders (but each
folder contains copies all the required tables).

I would like to be able to ask the user for the folder name for the tables,
then change all the linked tables so that they are pointing to the new folder.

Can anyone give me directions for doing this in code.  My guess is looping
through the current linked tables and replacing the table path with the new
path.

The description string for one of the tables is:

ODBC;DSN=Visual FoxPro
Tables;SourceDB=d:\PMS\Data\20050215;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;;TABLE=rs2YTD

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Churton Park