[AccessD] List tables, columns, properties + values?

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 03:00:41 CST 2005

Hi group,

i want to list the:
tables;
columns;
propertyname;
values.
It's no problem to retrieve the tables and columns but
when I try to retrieve the propertynames and their
values I get rubish. I've adde my code and some debug
info.

Sub ListTableInfo()
  'Create catalog object
  Dim Catalog As New ADOX.Catalog
  Set Catalog.ActiveConnection =
CurrentProject.Connection

  'List tables And columns
  Dim Table As ADOX.Table
  Dim Column As ADOX.Column
  Dim Prop As ADOX.Property

  For Each Table In Catalog.Tables
    If Left(Table.Name, 4) <> "MSYS" Then
        For Each Column In Table.Columns
            Debug.Print Table.Name & ", " &
Column.Name
            For Each Prop In Column.Properties
                Debug.Print "Prop.Attributes: " &
Prop.Attributes
                Debug.Print "Prop.Name: " & Prop.Name
                Debug.Print "Prop.Type: " & Prop.Type
                Debug.Print "Prop.Value: " &
Prop.Value
            Next Prop
        Next
    End If
  Next
End Sub
----------------------
DEBUG INFO
Table name: config_Deal_Types_1-5
Column Name: Deal Side
----------------------
config_Deal_Types_1-5, Deal Side
config_Deal_Types_1-5, Deal Side
Prop.Attributes: 1537
Prop.Name: Autoincrement
Prop.Type: 11
Prop.Value: False
----------------------

I excpected:
config_Deal_Types_1-5, Deal Side
Prop.Attributes: ?????
Prop.Name: Field Size
Prop.Type: ?????
Prop.Value: Double
Does anybody know how to get what I want?
I'm using ADOX but that's no requirement.
TIA

Sander

Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
search.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250