[AccessD] Sage Key Purchase

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Feb 4 11:42:06 CST 2005

Marty,
Don't know about that but Sagekey actually has very "sage" advice on setting
up a system for testing purposes.

Have an extra hard drive and Ghost (or whatever your imaging product is) an
image to that hard of all the various configurations you may need to test
for.
For instance.

Install XP and ghost it.
Install Office 97 and ghost it.
Install Office 2k and ghost it.
Replace current image with the first and install Office 2k (without the 97
being there first) Ghost it.
Install SP2 and Ghost it.

Eventually you have a clean Ghost Image of all these configurations. In one
day you can test against dozens of possibilities by retrieving a Ghost image
installing and testing the software and when satisfied retrieving the next
ghost  configuration. It does work well. I would add the recommendation of
having a separate computer to do this with besides the one your using for
daily tasks.

John B.