[AccessD] A2000: Subreport in Group footer (swe)

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:57:22 CST 2005

Charlotte,

The report has an outer Group based on [Source Number] (Text). There
is an inner group, too, on [Facility Part #] (also Text).

The subreport's data source includes all the fields from one table.
The first field of that table is [Source Number], however that field
doesn't appear in the subreport; just four other fields. I did place
the [Source Number] field on the report, though, hidden behind the
other fields just in case that was the problem. But the subreport
still won't show up.

So, on the main report:

Source Object: Report.rptSubStateCAS
Link Child Fields: Source Number
Link Master Fields: Source Number

I've tried surrounding the Source Number field name with square
brackets, too, but no go.

For what it's worth, if I set subreport's Can Shrink property to No
then space is allowed for the (invisible) subreport...but only as much
space as the subreport takes up on my report design. If I set Can
Shrink to Yes then the amount of space taken up by the subreport
disappears, too.

I've tried moving the subreport to the Group header instead of the
footer. Same result.

Steve Erbach