[AccessD] Question on Reference (DAO)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Feb 10 13:57:22 CST 2005

Do I reference them via code, or on each PC that runs the program? Or,
does it follow through after I set the reference while programming it?

>>> tom.bolton at donnslaw.co.uk 2/10/2005 3:58 AM >>>
Hear hear!

I've found this too - not having used DAO for years I shied away from
it
when returning to an Access project but it's noticeably quicker when
using
it for native Access objects.  Access was after all designed around
DAO/Jet.

I can't stress enough what Charlotte said: if you use a mixture of DAO
and
ADO, REFERENCE THEM EXPLICITLY!  (ADODB.Recordset, DAO.Database etc.)
You'll
be in a whole world of pain otherwise.

Cheers
Tom